Monday, January 10, 2005

What I follow

Among other things, today I'll mention some links that I gain insights from.
One is Jonathan Hoenig. He's not your average portfolio manager. He's got some worthwhile insights about trading, and also comes up with some interesting picks that you won't hear about anywhere else. He writes a weekly column for smartmoney.com that appears on Tuesdays, and an archive is here. It's mostly a pay site, but his columns are free after a week or so, and his picks tend to be more medium to long term anyway-no real day trades.

John Hussman runs Hussman funds, and he's got a pretty good record over the last few years. He also has insights that are not the "same old-same old", and seems to come from kind of a combination of technical and fundamental analysis, taking into account both earnings and price action. He writes a weekly report that appears on Mondays, and the archive is here.

Ugly at uglychart.com is somebody I've started following as well. He hooked me this morning with his Dr. Alexander Elder quote about being a loser.

I'll add more later.

No comments: