Sunday, March 20, 2005

Weekend Wazzup for March 20, 2005

My roundup of the Fox News Channel' s "Cost of Freedom" Saturday Morning shows-- is here.
Stephen Vita at Alchemy of Trading is pimping his Sunday PM posts --I know I'll be checking them out and you should too. Some impending absences are notable: Chairman MaoXian, whose chat every weekday 8:30-9:30 Eastern time is how I usually start my day, will be off to the motherland (fatherland?) for several weeks. His blogging likely will be curtailed, but his audience will wait for him. Stockcoach has his weekly summary, as well as a sign-off for a while due to some issues. All the best to ya, man. The Soothsayer of Omaha is also taking a bit of a break but will be back next week. Ron Sen takes no breaks this weekend; I count TWENTY posts yesterday--start with the Komodo dragon and just keep reading. Let me highlight a post on NFI, a stock I've followed for a while; as a well as a post on a non-financial, but very important and serious matter that Ron knows something about. Ron, if you say it I want to hear it. Taylor Tree and I are not in sync temporally--he posts good stuff early in the week, after I've written this; so let me just point to earlier in the week to his canary in the coal mine post--I linked to it once before but it deserves a couple links at least. Stephen Castellano at Reflections on Equity Research highlighted Fidelity's plans to start an institutional money management company. To add to the canary in the coal mine metaphor, I'd ask, do they open new units closer to the bottom, or the top? Bill Cara posts his customary review of the week. I can't do it just in one sentence, but I will say he thinks somebody's getting screwed. Byrne's Marketview isn't out to screw anybody, but AFP thinks Google News is, Byrne's take, like mine, is that publicity's publicity as long as they spell your URL right. Galatime posted some thorough reviews of option trades, including a summary of back testing option screens. Good stuff as usual. Sixth World Gazette has some eclectic stuff--he's sitting on a big wad of cash, and there are lots of posts on New Jersey politics--makes me glad I don't live in Jersey! . Random Roger has his big picture for the week. Trader Mike posted the morning of St. Patrick's day that the technicals continue to break down. And finally, the Uglychart "survivor" contest for stock market blogs is in its third week--make sure you vote!

No comments: