Sunday, March 20, 2005

Poor Charlie's Almanack Redux

Back here I pointed out the forthcoming Poor Charlie's Almanack, a compilation of the wit and wisdom of Charles T. Munger, the Vice Chairman of Berkshire Hathaway. Anumati rightly pointed out that much of this material is on the web already--being the cheap b*st*rd that I am I knew that. (Also mentioned was that a couple of the talks apparently appeared in Damn Right, the Munger biography. ) So I've taken this as a challenge, and tried to compile what I've found on the web. Here's what I've found so far--the numbers correspond to the table of contents listed here. There is also this speech here and here, which so far I haven't quite matched up to the table of contents.

7. Philanthropy Round Table

8.The Great Financial Scandal of 2003

9.Academic Economics

10.The Psychology of Human Misjudgment--this one was on Whitney Tilson's website, but it now says he removed it at Munger's request, I suspect because it is being updated/revised/whatever for the book. I have the pdf that Whitney posted originally; I won't post it if Whitney was asked to remove it, but I will email a copy if asked.

I'll let you all know if I find any more.

No comments: