Friday, December 10, 2004

Random thoughts on a Friday. . .

google still drifts--it will be interesting again at about 163-165--that's not only the top of the gap, its a fibonacci retracement of 61.8% (or 38.2%, depending on your point of view)

Gold bullion has been down the past couple days more than gold shares--which leads me to wonder (this is somewhat of a leap): is the new gold ETF (GLD, in case you've been in a cave) making gold more volatile?

Insurance stocks like AOC, MMC, AFL that have been "spitzered" lately all gapped up this AM, only to drop back, but then mostly move upward again. I'm not smart enough to know what, if anything, this means.

My biggest winner lately has been NFI, which I bought, almost sold a couple of times, but have managed to sit tight for a nice gain so far. Which makes me think of the Jesse Livermore line, to the effect of, it was never my thinking that made me money, its was my sitting there (in a stock on an uptrend, obviously)

No comments: